English is Cool

quarta-feira, março 18

Dr.Seuss'




One day, making tracks in the prairie of Prax, came a North-Going Zax, a North-Going Zax and a South-Going Zax… a North-Going Zax and a South-Going Zax... And it happened that both of them came to a place where they… bumped! There they stood, foot to foot, face to face.

"Look here, now!" the North-Going Zax said, "I say! You are blocking my path. You are right in my way. I'm a North-Going Zax and I always go north. Get out of my way, now, and let me go forth!"

"Who's in whose way?" snapped the South-Going Zax. "I always go south, making south-going tracks. So you're in my way! And I ask you to move and let me go south in my south-going groove."

Then the North-Going Zax said with north-going pride. "I never have taken a step to one side and I'll prove to you that I won't change my ways if I have to keep standing here fifty-nine days!"

"And I'll prove to you," yelled the South-Going Zax, "That I can stand here in the prairie of Prax for fifty-nine years! For I live by a rule that I learned as a boy back in South-Going School. Never budge! That's my rule. Never budge in the least! Not an inch to the west! Not an inch to the east! I'll stay here, not budging! I can and I will if it makes you and me and the whole world stand still!"

Well... of course the world didn't stand still. The world grew. In a couple of years, the new highway came through, and they built it right over those two stubborn Zax and left them there, standing unbudged in their tracks.

10 Comments:

Postar um comentário

<< Home